Servant-Based Discipleship Where Discipleship Began
Over 2,000 years ago a young carpenter from Nazareth left his home to travel the highways and byways of ancient Israel and invited 12 men to come follow Him. In the tradition of all Jewish disciples of that day, they clung to His every word and learned to live the teachings of their rabbi. They heeded the call of their teacher, Yeshua (Jesus), and their obedience set in motion a chain of events which would leave the entire world changed forever.
The Zealous Israel Project (ZProject) is an 11-month commitment to servant-based discipleship. You will have the opportunity to serve on an international team in Jerusalem while receiving innovative teaching and experiencing first-hand the Land and people of Israel. At Bridges for Peace we recognize the power of raising up a few to impact an entire generation, and maybe even transform the Church for generations to come.
You are invited to join a movement of young people who will encounter God in His Land through compassion, adventure and revelation.
Need to Know:
- To be eligible for the ZProject, you must be a Christian, be 18-30 years old, and you must be interested in serving the Jewish people in Israel. In order to learn more about the application process and to request an application, please go to our application Process page. (Link: https://zealous82.bridgesforpeace.com/zproject-application-process/)
- Our next ZProject (Z5) starts July 28, 2019 and ends June 30, 2020. We are no longer receiving applications for this. We will be sending out applications for Z6 by fall 2019. The following ZProject (Z6) will begin in the summer of 2020.
- The cost of tuition is $6,700 USD. This includes housing, food-budget, transportation in Jerusalem, educational materials, and monthly excursions. This does not include airfare, insurance and personal expenses (i.e. clothes, personal items, eating out, and entertainment).
- Ten people are accepted every year for the ZProject, which are five young men and five young women. All ZProject members live in a shared single-sex apartment. Each apartment has 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, a laundry room and a kitchen.
- All ZProject members work at either our international headquarters (HQ), or our Jerusalem Assistance Center (JAC). Work hours are Monday to Thursday, from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, and Friday from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- ZProject members are also required to attend community growth sessions once a week after work hours, which are a variety of studies, teachings, worship, and planning. Weekly Scripture discussion and memory are an important part of community growth, as well. Monthly excursions, taken over a weekend, allow us to travel around Israel and experience the land.
To learn more check out our Life in Israel page, and take a look at Becca Mason‚Äôs blog, from Z2, and if you still have questions, check out our ZProject FAQ page!
If you would like to request an application for Z6, please review the Application Process, and send in a request here.